Ovatu is a fast paced, growing, high energy SaaS company based in beautiful Berry on the South Coast! Our funky (yet super powerful) product is a cloud-based appointment scheduling system used to empower small businesses. Since 2010, we’ve grown to service thousands of clients and millions of their customers around the globe!
We know that life is the most important thing, so our small but awesome team work mostly remotely (all around Australia and the UK), enjoying flexible arrangements and easy-going relationships with the owners and colleagues.
The PHP Developer role is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside our guru of a Managing Director, developing a product which is incredibly exciting, rewarding and with enormous growth potential!
We love problem solvers who think out of the box. So if that’s you, read on…
- Development of new and updated Ovatu Manager features
- Create and update REST API endpoints to support new and updated features to our web and mobile apps
- Deploying code via CI/CD into Kuberneteson AWS EKS
- Decommissioning of redundant code from codebase
- Eventual migration of codebase from Yii 1.1 to Yii 2.0
- Designing of database (MySQL) schema to support new and updated features
- Continuous code optimisation and improvements
- Investigation and implementation of bug fixes
- Technical support to our Customer Success Team
- Developing a testing methodology to ensure all products meet our high-quality standard
- Other ad hoc work and assisting the rest of the team
Skills and Experience:
- 3 years PHP 7+ experience
- Strong understanding of code management tools (ie. Git, Github)
- Solid experience with Linux and docker (Kubernetes a bonus)
- Experience in the Yii framework (version 1.1 and 2.0)
- Experience creating and working with REST web services
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience and ability to write clean, tested, reusable code
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Superior attention to detail
- An easy going, cheerful personality
- A passion for new and emerging technologies
- Desire to learn new things and get your hands dirty
- Autonomous, with plenty of initiative, but also able to work in a team, take direction and appreciate feedback
- Driven to produce a very high standard of work
- Career progression, grow with our company as we grow! Come on the journey with us!
- Relaxed company culture that truly understands that you need to have balance in life.
- Flexible working arrangements. Work mostly from home, with occasional travel to Berry, NSW.
- ‘Work from home’ monthly stipend (in addition to salary)
- Flexible hours, we’re happy to negotiate working hours, 9-5 is not a requirement! Night owl? No problems!
To apply for this role, please email a bespoke cover letter to Ula at firstname.lastname@example.org, answering the questions below. Applicants must be willing to perform a short code test.
- Describe your most relevant work experience?
- Why do you want to work at Ovatu?
- How would you contribute to improving the Ovatu platform?
- Where are you located?
- Please provide examples of your work in a public repository (ie GitHub)
We care about creating an environment where we can work on life changing projects, whilst having the time to live and enjoy time for ourselves.